A faulty or malfunctioning electric panel can pose a serious threat to your home. If your home was built between the 1950s and the 1980s, chances are that your electrical supply is connected to a Federal Pacific electric panel. These electric panels are highly dangerous, and should be replaced with brand new breaker boxes. Over the years, it has been shown that Federal Pacific electric panels do not meet the safety standards that were set by the UL. These faulty boxes can overheat, causing a building fire. If your home contains a Federal Pacific electric panel, do not hesitate to contact an electrician serving San Jose. The highly experienced electricians at a San Jose electrical company can evaluate the safety of your current electrical system. By trusting your new electrical panel upgrade to the professionals, you can rest easy knowing that your home is safe from the risk of an electrical fire.