Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in San Jose, CA
Charge Your EV in the Comfort of Your Own Home
Electric cars are more popular than ever. In fact, the Global Electric Vehicle Outlook reported that electric car sales doubled in 2021 to a whopping 6.6 million vehicles! With so many cars already on the road and plenty of reasons to avoid the gas pump, it’s no wonder why EVs have become so widespread. But energy to power an EV has to come from somewhere, and that’s where Delta Electric comes in! We’re proud to offer at-home electric car charging stations, helping our San Jose, CA clients avoid the lines and stress. Learn more about installing a charging station on your own property.
The Benefits of Having an Electric Charging Station at Home
Now that you have your very own electric car, it’s time to keep it in proper working order. Many EV owners choose to use public charging stations to refuel their vehicles. However, the constant need to find a charging station before your car’s battery runs out can quickly become stressful. Installing an home ev charging station is the best way to eliminate the hassle and up the convenience factor. Here are just a few ways you can benefit from adding a charging station to your San Jose home:
- Speed: Did you know that public charging stations take longer to produce a full charge than home chargers? If time is of the essence, it’s a good idea to have a charger at home. Plus, you’ll avoid the need to wait in line behind other EVs!
- Convenience: No longer will you need to add charging your vehicle to your errand list. Simply plug your car in once you get home from work, and it will be ready to go in the morning! You can avoid the hassle of driving to a charging station, waiting in line, and waiting to charge up.
- Cost: Some people forego at-home electric charging stations because of the upfront cost. However, your charging station will pay for itself in no time. At public charging stations, you’ll pay by the hour or a set session fee. But at home, you’ll just have any charges added to your current electric bill. Not to mention, the cost of running an electric vehicle is much cheaper than paying for gas. Over time, you’ll see the savings pile up!
- Home Value: EVs are becoming more popular by the year. As such, homes with already-installed charging stations may garner a higher value if you choose to sell.
Choosing a Charger
Today, you have your pick between two levels of chargers. The team at Delta Electric can help you make an informed decision about whether you should opt for Level 1 or Level 2. Here are the basics of each type of electric car charger:
- Level 1: Level 1 chargers (and Tesla-specific models) use a 120V outlet. While this is the most common type of outlet in homes, Level 1 chargers are not the most efficient choice. Most of these chargers only add between two and eight miles of driving distance for every hour of charging time. A full charge could take over 20 hours, depending on your vehicle model.
- Level 2: Level 2 chargers are a much more efficient option. These chargers produce a full charge three to seven times faster, depending on the vehicle. That means you could drive away fully charged in about eight hours! However, Level 2 systems use 240V plugs, which aren’t as common in most garages. We’ll need to discuss installing the appropriate outlets as well.
Top-Notch Electric Car Charging Station Installation
An electric vehicle is a big investment, and so is a charging station. As such, you deserve an installer dedicated to giving you the best product possible. It’s never a good idea to try installing a charger on your own, especially since a wrong move could put an undue strain on your home’s electrical system. At Delta Electric, we’re well-trained in techniques for installing general charging stations and brand-specific ones. What’s more, all our installations come with a free estimate—no hidden costs and no surprises when you get the bill!
Why Choose Us in San Jose, CA
Delta Electric is committed to keeping each client satisfied. Whether you’re interested in a charging station or another of our electrical services, we’re dedicated to bringing you the gold standard in electrical work. We offer 24-hour emergency services, as well as a slew of residential and commercial upgrades. Our team is licensed and insured, and you can rest easy knowing your home’s electrical system is in capable hands. And the best part? We charge reasonable rates, and our staff is more than happy to walk you through your project’s costs.
Contact Us for a Free Estimate
At-home charging stations come with a multitude of benefits, and the team at Delta Electric wants to help you take advantage of them. We’ll consult with you, discuss your needs, and recommend the charger best suited to you. Our team will explain the installation process and provide you with an accurate, free estimate for our services. If your shiny new EV could use a fresh charge, don’t wait to get in touch with us!
Why Choose Us?
- Free Estimates on Installations
- Reasonable Rates
- No Hidden Charges
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Licensed and Insured