Effective Power Surge Protection for San Jose, CA Properties
Delta Electric Can Install Whole-Home Surge Protection
Power surges are not merely an inconvenience. They can cause significant damage to your appliances and circuit breakers over time. If you’re concerned about power surge protection in San Jose, CA, Delta Electric can install whole house surge protectors. While you could invest in the bulky power strip surge protectors from your nearest hardware store, these have limitations. We can install whole-home surge protection to give you total peace of mind that your property is protected. Contact us today to discover how our power surge protection measures may benefit your home or business.
Common Causes for Power Surges in Your Home or Office
How can you protect your property if you don’t know what you’re up against? Understanding what may cause a power surge is your best line of defense. Here are some common causes:
- Lightning or Electrical Storms – The words “power surge” are most commonly associated with a severe storm that knocks out your electricity. Any time lightning is involved in a storm, it has the dangerous potential to strike your home or the electrical lines near it. Because lightning can damage your electronics, it’s in your best interest to unplug them during a storm.
- Overused Outlets – How many of us are guilty of overloading our electrical outlets, especially near a desk or entertainment center? Having too many cords plugged into an outlet isn’t just an unpleasant eyesore. It can also be a fire hazard. When your outlets are overwhelmed, it can lead to a power surge.
- Faulty Wiring – How long has it been since you updated your home or office’s electrical wiring? Worn or exposed wiring can also cause a power surge because the electrical currents aren’t being appropriately channeled.
- High-Energy Electronics – Many of today’s electronics and appliances use a lot of energy to operate. If you have too many of these electricity guzzlers present on your property, it can lead to flickering lights and an eventual power surge.
Benefits of Investing in Whole-House Surge Protection
Although most power surges don’t last more than a few seconds, it’s enough time to fry your circuit breakers and wreak widespread havoc on your system (much of which isn’t covered in your typical homeowner’s insurance policy). Many homeowners fall into the trap of false security believing that by plugging their computer into a power strip surge protector, they’re sufficiently protected. However, these surge protectors aren’t much more than a heavy-duty extension cord. They don’t offer whole-house surge protection for your other electronics and appliances. Whole-house surge protectors are typically hardwired to your main electrical panel and are combined with grounding to provide superior protection. The main benefit of a whole-house surge protector is it safeguards every outlet in your building to protect your entire electrical system and all your equipment at once. Depending on the size of your home or office, there are several protectors available for various voltages. Talk to our experienced electricians to determine the best surge protector for your needs.
Why Choose Delta Electric for Your Surge Protection Needs?
Delta Electric has nearly 40 years of experience to bring you dependable electrical service from a trustworthy team. We remain at the forefront of our industry to provide the most up-to-date solutions for our residential and commercial customers, including innovative power surge protection. Whenever you have an electrical emergency, we’re there for you with prompt service at reasonable rates. We work hard to maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, which demonstrates our commitment to customer service and satisfaction. Take a look at our testimonials to see why you should choose our courteous, punctual team!
Contact Us to Request a Free Power Surge Protection Quote
Don’t leave your property vulnerable to a devastating power surge. Request a free quote for our effective power surge protection services in San Jose and surrounding South Bay areas, including Campbell, Los Altos, Los Gatos, Santa Clara, and Sunnyvale. Delta Electric is always here for you!
Why Choose Us?
- Free Estimates on Installations
- Reasonable Rates
- No Hidden Charges
- 24-Hour Emergency Services
- Licensed and Insured